Water issues in the City of Flint have generated calls to our office regarding the City of Grand Blanc's water source. The City of Grand Blanc has its own groundwater wells and treatment plants. Our water is tested daily to ensure its safety and is filtered in a reverse-osmosis system before it is sent to homes and businesses. Residents of the City of Grand Blanc can be assured that their water does not come from the Flint River or the City of Flint water system. Yearly water reports are posted here on the website.
PAY YOUR WATER/SEWER BILL by AUTOMATIC PAYMENT
Automatic Pay is now available for Water/Sewer bills! Residents can sign up through Invoice Cloud on BS&A online here!
Credit and debit cards are accepted at the counter for water and tax payments. Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover are all accepted. A convenience fee is added at the time of payment to cover the cost of this service.
Click the image below to check WATER/SEWER account information online by name, address or account number:
GUIDE TO TREE PLANTING WITHIN THE CITY RIGHT OF WAY
The following is a listing of tree species that are approved for planting, AFTER RECEIVING PERMISSION FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR, within the City of Grand Blanc right-of-way. If a species you wish to plant does not appear on the list, please contact the DPW Director for discussion.
When selecting a tree, there are several factors to consider:
- How big will the mature tree be?
- Will it be too close to other trees or structures?
- Will it create visual obstructions to motorists?
- Is the tree susceptible to pests or harsh roadway conditions?
- Will the tree cause litter issues from seeds, flowers, etc.?
- Will the tree increase the tree variety in the area?
The following list of approved trees answers the above questions favorably.
- Fruitless Sweetgum · Red Maple
- Sugar Maple · Shademaster Honeylocust
- Imperial Honeylocust · Skyline Honeylocust
- Bradford Pear · Aristocrat Pear
- Northern Red Oak · Tuliptree
- European Hornbeam · American Hornbeam
- Hackberry · Pagoda Tree
Additionally, here is a list of trees with known problems that should be AVOIDED:
- Boxelder · Birch · Russian Olive
- Blue Spruce · Poplar · Purple-leaf Plum
- Willow · Elm · European Mountain Ash
- Silver Maple · Sycamore · Mulberry
- Walnut · Hickory · Honeylocust (thorned)
- Block Locust · Red Oak · Tree of Heaven
- Pin Oak · Osage Orange · Horsechestnut
- Yellow Buckeye · Ohio Buckeye · American Basswood
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category