The Finance Director/Treasurer:
- Prepares annual operating budget and provides ongoing budget administration
- Provides City Council and City Administration with timely and accurate financial information to facilitate daily operations, policy development and accomplishment of short and long term goals
- Assists in the location of City resources to provide economical and efficient municipal services through the application of information science and computer technology
- Coordinates and manages special projects as directed by the City Manager such as Farmers Market
|BILL||Homestead (100% Principal Residence)||Non-Homestead|
Click the image to check tax information online:
As Treasurer, she
- performs administrative and technical work in conducting City fiscal activities
- maintains official records of City revenues, deposits, disbursements and investments
- coordinates billings, collections, record keeping and balancing for tax accounts and water/sewer accounts
- collects tax payments and answers questions from citizens
- maximizes earnings on temporarily available funds by seeking the best combination of interest rates and lenghts of short-term investments.
The Treasurer's office collects property taxes for all real and personal property in the City of Grand Blanc
Real Property - Homes, buildings and land
Personal Property - Furniture and fixtures for businesses Tax bills are sent twice a year.
The first is the SUMMER billing, mailed on July 1st and payable from July 1st through August 31st. Beginning September 1st, a 3% penalty is added to all unpaid tax bills.
The SUMMER tax bill is collected for the following entities:
State Education Tax, Grand Blanc Schools, Mott Community College, Genesee Intermediate School District, Genesee County Operating, Grand Blanc Fire, City of Grand Blanc Operating, Local Streets and Water Improvement.
The current mileage rates are posted above.
The second billing is for WINTER taxes. They are mailed on December 1st and are payable from December 1st through February 28th. Beginning March 1st, a 3% penalty is applied. All unpaid REAL property taxes are transferred at this time to the Genesee County Treasurer's Office and must be paid there. The County Treasurer's office will add additional penalties onto delinquent bills monthly.
The WINTER tax bill is collected for the following entities:
Genesee County Parks, Paramedics, Library, Bishop Airport Authority, Genesee County Health Services, Senior Citizens, Veterans and Mass Transportation Authority.
The current millage rate is posted above. The fiscal years covered by each statement received are as follows:
July 1st to December 31st of the year shown on the statement and January 1st through June 30th of the year following the year shown on the statement.
State & County
October 1st to December 31st of the year shown on the statement and January 1st to September 30th of the year following the year shown on the statement.
June 1st to December 31st of the year shown on the statement and January 1st to May 31st of the year following the year shown on the statement.All taxpayers in the City of Grand Blanc are mailed an original tax bill.
If you pay your own taxes, mail the payment and keep your part of the statement for your records - or, you may bring the ENTIRE statement to City Hall and we will stamp your portion "PAID".
If you are paying into an escrow account and your mortgage company is responsible for payment of your taxes, your mortgage company should request bill information for all of the escrow accounts that they are responsible for paying. The mortgage companies are sent a computer printout of your tax bill and they will pay from that printout. Please keep the bill you receive for your records.